Interface settings

Hey, could you have some explicit description of what interface settings need to be enabled? I just spent hours reformatting cards, rebooting, plugging and un plugging various things before finally getting the Ultra++ to work, and it might save others a lot of time if you were to detail that in the installation guide.

Also, curious thing: I’m using an RPi5 with 10.1inch Waveshare DSI LCD touchscreen and could only get the Ultra++ to work if I started with a fresh install of the OS, had the Raspiaudio device attached at bootup, installed the Ultra “driver” using install.sh, and then SHUTDOWN and unplug power supply before restarting. For whatever reason, if I opted to simply reboot at the command line, my sound menu disappeared upon restart (This was reproducible on my machine.) After this shutdown/unplug restarting, I then went to the Config menu and enabled SPI and I2C (I think the serial console was already enabled). I don’t know which of those are actually necessary, but I now have sound. Only after getting the sound to work did I then update the OS. And now if I reboot from command line or menu, it’s ok. Just that initial setup was a problem for whatever reason.

Hi and thanks for sharing your experience! The ULTRA is really a challenge to support because drivers are not in the base Pi OS. I have added your comment in the userguide for next for archive for future generations .