Lost after unboxing Espmuse Luxe

Hi,

I’m lost after unboxing my Espmuse Luxe, which arrived today.

• First of all, the little paper manual shipped with it point to muse.raspiaudio.com, which doesn’t resolve.
  • I’d like to connect via Wifi but have no idea how to proceed - there’s no AP that I could connect to.
  • I’m missing a simple “Getting started guide” what to do with it that’s beyond using it as Bluetooth speaker. I read somewhere that it get’s shipped with squeezelite firmware, but how do I use it ?

Thanks for support, Potl

I had the Same Problem with the URL in the Manual.

The Muse Luxe is shipped with an Bluetooth only Firmware, to use any other Features you have to Flash another Firmware on it.

If you want to use WiFi with your muse Luxe, check out this Forum Post:

https://forum.raspiaudio.com/t/muse-luxe-speaker-with-squeezlite-logitech-media-server/

I tried ESPhome and Squeezelite, my choise is Squeezelite as you can use WiFi/Bluetooth/AirPlay with it an you are to use the “Logitech Media Server” (LMS) to Admin and Control you Muse Luxe.

If you run HomeAssistant, LMS is working fine as inofficial AddOn.

REMEMBER: the USB Cable that is shipped with your Muse Luxe is a “Charge only” Cable - to flash your Muse Luxe you will need an mircoUSB Cable with Data Connection

Thanks for reporting this now muse.raspiaudio.com redirects to the FAQ.

Please let me know if you have a specific question on one of the application you choose to load.

Also if you have bought your Luxe after August 1rst 2022, it now come with a USB data cable, I will update all guides as soon as the team will get back from annual leave on September 7th, we are running in degraded mode until then :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Raspiaudio

Also if you have bought your Luxe after August 1rst 2022, it now come with a USB data cable, I will update all guides as soon as the team will get back from annual leave on September 7th, we are running in degraded mode until then :sunglasses:

I bought this month on Amazon and my USB Cable is a Charge only

Thanks for the replies ! They helped me setting up squeezelite on my Luxe, which works well for now !