Cannot install ESPHome or squeezelite firmware [resolved]

Your post gave me a little hope to get my dead device running. But all I tried failed. Unfortunately I can’t return it to Amazon, it’s to late. Now I hope I’ll get some help from Raspiaudio. Still waiting.

I also tried without any success:

   ~  esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 erase_flash                                               2 ✘  8s  
esptool.py v3.2
Serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
Connecting......................................

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: No serial data received.
For troubleshooting steps visit: https://github.com/espressif/esptool#troubleshooting

Dear All,

The upload method via the web interface is relatively new, and all websites utilizing it rely on ESP Web Tools. A single update from them could potentially cause the auto-loader to malfunction. Since every ESP device is slightly different, changes to the timing before the reset could render the upload non-functional for all websites you have mentionned.

Consequently, an update from their end might lead to unpredictable behavior in the Luxe, which I cannot control. For instance, I was unable to upload a few weeks ago using a Chrome browser on a Mac, but it worked fine on a PC.

To accurately diagnose the issue, we should revert to a known reference point by employing the native method to upload firmware.

esptool.py -p /dev/ttyUSB0 write_flash 0x0 my_image_to_burn.bin

on windows

esptool.py -p COM10 write_flash 0x0 my_image_to_burn.bin

to use for example with this bin file for a bluetooth speaker

how to install esptool

If you have an issue with the web update, could you tell me what OS are you using (windows 11, OSX…) and your chrome version?

thanks

Hi
I think I have found the issue :slight_smile:
The new pilot for windows for serial converter CP2104 is causing issue, for this to work you need to install the 2020 version

I have also made a local copy just in case here

So on Windows when you go on device manager do an update driver and point on this uncompressed directory. If you have alreday installed the newest drivers you need to uninstall them don’t forget to click the box here :

(sorry it is in french )

Referencing this issue: Muse Luxe esphome loud buzzing sound - #18 by red

Maybe it is related.