Muse Luxe - cannot connect to Wi-Fi

Hi there,
I received my Muse Luxe the other day and tried to install the “Media Player” version onto the device.

For all the different ways I tried, I always had to set the device into bootlader mode by pushing that little “secret button” inside the AUX plug hole. After that the install went well until I came to the point trying to set up the wi-fi:

1. the official way and supposedly easiest one via https://esphome.io/projects/index.html did not work - “cannot connect”
  2. so I skipped that final part and tried the captive portal via the AP - same result when trying to connect to my wi-fi
  3. Finally I set up an generic device using ESPHome in Home Assistant, copied the code from the GitHub repository, combined it with the code for the generic device including my wi-fi credentials and downloaded it locally. In the final step I did a OTA update uploading the *.bin. Still… no wi-fi connection as the log file states:
[I][wifi:304]: WiFi Connecting to 'Nirvana'...
[W][wifi_esp32:458]: Event: Disconnected ssid='Nirvana' bssid=48:5D:35:92:5F:5D[redacted] reason='Authentication Failed'
[W][wifi:648]: WiFi Unknown connection status 0
[I][wifi:304]: WiFi Connecting to 'Nirvana'...
[W][wifi_esp32:458]: Event: Disconnected ssid='Nirvana' bssid=48:5D:35:92:5F:5D[redacted] reason='Authentication Failed'

Has somebody experienced the same and can help? The login credentials are 100% correct - I double checked more than once!

Cheers,
Zwo

P.S. I even tried by disabling the wi-fi encryption… Still no connection

Well I just got my muse luxe and I had difficulties connecting to wifi. In the end I changed my wifi channel. Now it connects perfectly. (No muse luxe issue). Maybe that helps.

-Indeed ESP32 can only connect to 2.4Ghz Wifi not the “new” 5Ghz wifi check this.
-Also try to get at a few cm from your router to check if it makes any difference, maybe there is a hardware fault contact me in PM.

thanks

Finally I got it to work!

For some reason the device only tried to contact my repeater which I had set to only allow connection from known devices. All the other ESP32 / ESP8266 devices I used the first time connected to the router instead to the repeater initially. That is why I did not notice about the setting of the repeater.