Muse Luxe voice assistant now possible?

I have the exact same problem.

Here you will find a very good instruction how to Getting Started with ESPHome and Home Assistant

1 Like

Is there a way to respond to wake word, rather than button press?

I posted the config a few times, but apparently nobody wants to use it :slight_smile:

It’s often updated, it uses wake word, it works with the latest versions of HA and ESPHome.

1 Like

Hi S00500,

I am so confused after spending half a day…

The raspiaudio webinstaller is not working, and going through different forum posts I either get a firmware that only does voice assistant (with the firmware that your link leads to), or only media player (or I come across firmwared for the Muse Luxe).
But you managed to get everything working on the proto, correct? Do you mind pointing me to the exact firmware/yaml that you used?

Oooh, I like your modifications from the “official” ESPHome configs like the the wifi connection status light on statup and the dual media player/voice assistant with wake word. You don’t happen to have a Muse Proto and maintain a copy of this code targeted for that device, do you? It’s just such a pain to comb through long yaml files to get the bits I need every time something updates.

I’m using your code. It’s the very only which is working. The reason for “nobody wants to use it” is it’s hard to find and for newbies not easy to install. And the promotion from Raspiaudio could be better for it.

Can’t get it working. On occasion the wake word will trigger, but it doesn’t do anything I ask. And media no longer plays as well as the cloud tts is choppy and utilization caused it to lock up.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I want to use but I can’t install it. I get this error:

INFO ESPHome 2023.10.6
INFO Reading configuration /config/esphome/esphome-web-3831d0.yaml...
INFO Updating https://github.com/esphome/esphome.git@pull/3552/head
WARNING GPIO5 is a Strapping PIN and should be avoided.
Attaching external pullup/down resistors to strapping pins can cause unexpected failures.
See https://esphome.io/guides/faq.html#why-am-i-getting-a-warning-about-strapping-pins
WARNING GPIO12 is a Strapping PIN and should be avoided.
Attaching external pullup/down resistors to strapping pins can cause unexpected failures.
See https://esphome.io/guides/faq.html#why-am-i-getting-a-warning-about-strapping-pins
INFO Generating C++ source...
INFO Compiling app...
Processing muse-luxe (board: esp-wrover-kit; framework: arduino; platform: platformio/espressif32@5.4.0)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HARDWARE: ESP32 240MHz, 320KB RAM, 4MB Flash
 - toolchain-xtensa-esp32 @ 8.4.0+2021r2-patch5
Dependency Graph
|-- AsyncTCP-esphome @ 2.0.1
|-- WiFi @ 2.0.0
|-- FS @ 2.0.0
|-- Update @ 2.0.0
|-- ESPAsyncWebServer-esphome @ 3.1.0
|-- DNSServer @ 2.0.0
|-- ESPmDNS @ 2.0.0
|-- Wire @ 2.0.0
|-- Improv @ 1.2.3
|-- WiFiClientSecure @ 2.0.0
|-- HTTPClient @ 2.0.0
|-- ESP32-audioI2S @ 2.0.7
Compiling .pioenvs/muse-luxe/src/main.cpp.o
Linking .pioenvs/muse-luxe/firmware.elf
RAM:   [=         ]  13.4% (used 44004 bytes from 327680 bytes)
Flash: [=======   ]  68.4% (used 1255033 bytes from 1835008 bytes)
Building .pioenvs/muse-luxe/firmware.bin
Creating esp32 image...
Successfully created esp32 image.
esp32_create_combined_bin([".pioenvs/muse-luxe/firmware.bin"], [".pioenvs/muse-luxe/firmware.elf"])
Wrote 0x143d00 bytes to file /data/build/muse-luxe/.pioenvs/muse-luxe/firmware-factory.bin, ready to flash to offset 0x0
========================= [SUCCESS] Took 17.82 seconds =========================
INFO Successfully compiled program.
INFO Resolving IP address of muse-luxe.local
ERROR Error resolving IP address of muse-luxe.local. Is it connected to WiFi?
ERROR (If this error persists, please set a static IP address: https://esphome.io/components/wifi.html#manual-ips)
ERROR Error resolving IP address: Error resolving address with mDNS: Did not respond. Maybe the device is offline., [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname

I don’t have the proto and I think it’s not such big of a deal to adapt whatever you need once and then just check for what has been updated.

I’ve changed this from true to false. What it does is that it no longer appends the device’s MAC to its name. Try again and see if you can connect to it.

Today I installed this code https://github.com/esphome/firmware/blob/main/voice-assistant/m5stack-atom-echo.yaml on an Atom M5Stack and it even works with the wake word and TTS.

Same…

========================= [SUCCESS] Took 81.41 seconds =========================
INFO Resolving IP address of muse-luxe.local
ERROR Error resolving IP address of muse-luxe.local. Is it connected to WiFi?
ERROR (If this error persists, please set a static IP address: https://esphome.io/components/wifi.html#manual-ips)
ERROR Error resolving IP address: Error resolving address with mDNS: Did not respond. Maybe the device is offline., [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname

I still don’t understand how you flash these. I have to reset my Muse Luxe everytime I want to flash it and never works correctly.

What I do:

1. I go to https://web.esphome.io/ and click “PREPARE FOR FIRST USE” and I click the reset button while connecting
  2. At this point I can see the device in Home Assistant ESPHome tab
  3. I click ADOPT
  4. I click EDIT and paste the code you point out and click INSTALL
  5. I get that error

So, am I doing something wrong? Are those the wrong steps? Is my Myse Luxe broken?!?

You haven’t set up your wifi credentials, like the instructions say.

I added this:

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_password

# Optional manual IP
  manual_ip:
    static_ip: 192.168.1.233
    gateway: 192.168.1.1
    subnet: 255.255.255.0

I’m assuming I can define the static ip I want to use.

Even with this, I get this:

========================= [SUCCESS] Took 17.65 seconds =========================
INFO Connecting to 192.168.1.233
ERROR Connecting to 192.168.1.233:3232 failed: [Errno 113] No route to host

What I still don’t understand is where you flash this. In HA, it always say that the Muse Luxe is Offline, but I still can flash (or at least try, because I always get errors).

At this moment I think this has no solution and there is no clear workflow on how to do it.

I think I managed to flash this, finally! And the wake work is working. I just don’t get any feedback but I think that is a limitation right?

Using Piper still doesn’t work

I’m using the cloud. Piper, for me, is very slow. Just to confirm: at this moment, I call the wake work, I say something like “turn on living room light” and it works but I don’t get any audible feedback in the speaker. This is normal right?

No, not really. It should have worked with the Nabu Casa cloud, if that’s what you are using.

Can you look into the ESPHome logs and paste the bit that happens after it executes the command?

I’m using Nabu Casa cloud, yes.

About the logs, I can’t see much but here it is:

[17:23:09][D][voice_assistant:502]: Event Type: 11
[17:23:09][D][voice_assistant:633]: Unhandled event type: 11
[17:23:10][D][voice_assistant:502]: Event Type: 12
[17:23:10][D][voice_assistant:633]: Unhandled event type: 12
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:502]: Event Type: 4
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:395]: State changed from STREAMING_MICROPHONE to STOP_MICROPHONE
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:401]: Desired state set to AWAITING_RESPONSE
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:531]: Speech recognised as: "turn on living room light."
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:395]: State changed from STOP_MICROPHONE to STOPPING_MICROPHONE
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:502]: Event Type: 5
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:633]: Unhandled event type: 5
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:395]: State changed from STOPPING_MICROPHONE to AWAITING_RESPONSE
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:502]: Event Type: 6
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:502]: Event Type: 7
[17:23:11][D][voice_assistant:554]: Response: "living room light on"
[17:23:11][D][light:036]: 'RaspiAudio Muse Luxe' Setting:
[17:23:11][D][light:059]:   Red: 33%, Green: 33%, Blue: 100%
[17:23:11][D][light:109]:   Effect: 'None'