Muse Mn Cast: Getting Optical SPDIF to work

My Mn Cast works just fine with stereo output, but I’d like to switch over to Optical SPDIF.

I go into the web interface, and in the Audio tab I change from “I2SDAC” to “SPDIF” and reboot.

The Mn Cast starts up. I hit the play button in my LMS control page for the player. The red LED glows. But nothing comes through on my A/V receiver. I’ve got another Optical SPDIF device, and confirmed that the cabling and the Optical input of my receiver are working. I see red light coming out of the cable I’ve got plugged into the Mn Cast.

I see that others with a working implementation see “SP/DIF” in their ESP32 web interface
after they switch over. I don’t.

I’ve updated to the most recent version of firmware, I2S-4MFlash.16.2.1306.master-v4.

I’ve confirmed that the SPDIF options are bck 5, ws 25, do 4 as per a properly loaded NVS Config.

What more can I try?

If you have the red light it should work

“I see that others with a working implementation see “SP/DIF” in their ESP32 web interface
after they switch over. I don’t.”

can you send me a screenshot of what you have?

I just played a track with stereo output just fine.
I paused the playback.
I went into the web interface, and set SPDIF, and hit “Apply”
It said it was rebooting.
It came back up.
I resumed playback.
The LED is now lit.
LMS thinks the track is playing.
No sound is coming through.
Notice from this screen shot, that SPDIF is set, but there’s no icon in the upper right saying there is SPDIF.

Hello @Raspiaudio ,
Have you had a chance to ponder why I don’t see the SPDIF Icon?
Or perhaps some other test I might run to try and get the optical connection working?