Cannot update to ESPHome 2023 .4.1

Hi all.
I have a ESPMuse and I cannot update to ESPHome 2023.4.1 .
I keep having this error:

INFO Reading configuration /config/esphome/esp-muse.yaml…
INFO Updating https://github.com/esphome/esphome.git@pull/3552/head
WARNING GPIO12 is a Strapping PIN and should be avoided.
Attaching external pullup/down resistors to strapping pins can cause unexpected failures.
See Frequently Asked Questions — ESPHome
Failed config

media_player.i2s_audio: [source /config/esphome/.esphome/packages/7b8574f6/raspiaudio-muse-luxe.yaml:43]

Component media_player.i2s_audio requires component i2s_audio.
platform: i2s_audio
name: RaspiAudio Muse Luxe
dac_type: external
i2s_lrclk_pin: GPIO25
i2s_dout_pin: GPIO26
i2s_bclk_pin: GPIO5
mode: stereo
mute_pin:
number: GPIO21
inverted: True

Anyone can help ?

Hi, I’ve got the same issue…i’ve been looking through GIThub for any sort of clue…and been trying different things in the muse.yaml file

See Cannot install ESPHome or squeezelite firmware [resolved] - #24 by Raspiaudio

It is I think related to the version of the serial to USB drivers if you could downgrade the driver as described and letting me know. please give me your OS version too.

thanks

I’ve downgraded the driver and now can’t get it to flash at all??..I even pressed the secret button in the 3.5mm jack

Sorry I have misread your previous log I thought you were not able to flash, when you just have an issue with with the yalm file.

I guess that you are on Windows 11, could you delete de driver (tick the checkbox to delete drivers from drive) then do a driver update to let windows download the default driver that you had before.

I had to add the new i2s_audio device block and comment out the pins from the media player to get it to compile on esphome >= 2023.4.1

i2s_audio:
  i2s_lrclk_pin: GPIO25
  i2s_bclk_pin: GPIO5

media_player:
  - platform: i2s_audio
    name: ${friendly_name}
    dac_type: external
    # i2s_lrclk_pin: GPIO25
    i2s_dout_pin: GPIO26
    # i2s_bclk_pin: GPIO5
    mode: stereo
    mute_pin:
      number: GPIO21
      inverted: true
1 Like

Mine has not been able to update for a while now. The code seems updated to the new ESPHome standards on media-players/raspiaudio-muse-proto.yaml at main · esphome/media-players · GitHub

Do I need to make changes in the original yaml?

substitutions:
name: esp-muse-01
packages:
raspiaudio.muse-proto: github://esphome/media-players/raspiaudio-muse-proto.yaml@main
esphome:
name: ${name}
name_add_mac_suffix: false

wifi:
ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
password: !secret wifi_password

I’ve managed to update mine to Firmware: 2023.4.2…give it a try

@debrich yes thank you, mine went trough as well yesterday evening. Someone gave it some love.