MUSE LUXE speaker with Squeezlite (Logitech Media server)

Yes, and by doing that, we could upload the firmware separate from the settings, and do not need to do the setup from scratch each time.

/Richard

For now the .bin is updated here and the link in the tutorial, the change is persistent button configuration as suggested by Chill persistant.

We will try to implement Chill suggestion soon and will let you know when ready.

Hi Chill!
I just posted a new version with an easier managing of buttons (may be !)
With it you can:

• modify “actrls config” (“xyz” ==> “actrls_config”)
  • create a new key (“xyz”) and init it with what you want
    And, of course, you will retrieve that after a reboot

That’s perfect, thank you - working great.

I’ve added a configuration for the “>” button on gpio12, so that a quick press toggles between play and pause, and a long press (>1s) does a soft power toggle on the squeezelite player.

Let’s see if I can paste the extra configuration here without mangling the quotation marks :slight_smile:

{"gpio":12,"type":"BUTTON_LOW","pull":true,"debounce":40,"long_press":1000,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_TOGGLE"},"longpress":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_POWER"}}

So my complete ‘buttons’ string is:

[{"gpio":32,"type":"BUTTON_LOW","pull":true,"debounce":10,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_VOLDOWN"}},{"gpio":19,"type":"BUTTON_LOW","pull":true,"debounce":40,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_VOLUP"}},{"gpio":12,"type":"BUTTON_LOW","pull":true,"debounce":40,"long_press":1000,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_TOGGLE"},"longpress":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_POWER"}}]

It all seems to survive a power cycle. Great work - thanks for updating this so quickly.

Great work Chill !
We will put this as default value in the next version…

I just released a new version with two tiny improvements:
1- now the led lights up with a color depending on the battery status(green/yellow/red)
2- the third button (the one in the middle) works (Mute/Unmute)

Enjoy!

1 Like

Another longtime Squeezebox/LMS user here! I have two SqueezeAMPS and am looking forward to trying the Luxe. When do you expect to have it available in the USA?

Hi FLT and welcome
We are waiting to get the Hazmat autorisation (battery product) for Amazon USA we should know more about that beginning of next week.

Thanks for the fast update!

Thanks sbar - I’ll give that a try. In the meantime, I have a query from another user who is having trouble registering for this forum and making contact with you. You may have seen in your thread on the Squeezebox forum that user edwin2006 has not been able to register with you, and he has asked me to message you here. Could you possibly look into why he hasn’t received any replies from you? Is there a problem sending messages to his gmail address perhaps?

hi Chill, I’ve sent an email 24h ago on gmail to edwin2006 about his account, seems he does not receive my messages. Anyway I sent him a password link reset for the forum on his gmail, I can’t do much more I’m afraid.

Hi sbar

I have noticed a small mistake in the implementation of the ‘long press’ on the ‘>’ button in the latest binary file. The correct syntax requires an underscore between ‘long’ and ‘press’ (‘long_press’) when specifying the duration, unlike the ‘longpress’ used to specify the action. So the correct syntax for this configuration of gpio 12 is:

{"gpio":12, "type":"BUTTON_LOW", "pull":true, "debounce":40, "long_press":1000, "normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_TOGGLE"},"longpress":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_POWER"}}

With this configuration, the short press will TOGGLE between play and pause and the long press will toggle the (soft) POWER of Squeezelite. The difference between TOGGLE and POWER is significant when the Muse Luxe is synchronised with other players. TOGGLE will start/stop playback on all synchronised players - useful to silence all players if the phone rings, for example. POWER does not affect other synchronised players, so you can turn off the Muse Luxe player without interrupting the other players. Turning it back on WILL briefly interrupt the other synchronised players while the synchronisation is re-established.

succeeded. i’m in.
ESPMUSE also received yesterday. Looks great. Later this week i will get it to work with LMS.

Merci Chill!
I fixed it just now…

Question. Is it normal that flashing takes more than 3 hour? Still running. No visible progress bar but the dos box shows running dots.

And perhaps it’s wise to make a pointer to the windows drivers for the usb/RS232 item. Default windows does not recognize the USB device.

No, not normal! It takes a couple of minutes.

I thought so. Then, what’s next. Disconnect usb cable and turn off? Wait 10 minutes and try again?

Alright got it working. Just switched off, removed usb cable and started again. This time a progress bar and everything went fine.
One q. I installed the esp32 plugin in lms to use the equilizer but it does not show anything. Rebooted the LMS server (PcP) twice.
Running Logitech Media Server Versie: 8.1.2 - 1614990085 @ Sat Mar 6 02:41:13 CET 2021 on piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v7.0.1 | www v00016 | linux 5.4.83-pcpCore-v7 | piCore v12.0pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.9-1386-pCP

I had a similar problem with a SqueezeAMP (see here). Philippe offered some advice, and eventually some combination of those steps worked for me. I’m not sure exactly what fixed it for me, but if you follow the advice in that thread you may get this resolved. I suspect a browser cache issue may have clouded the issue for me.

Good morning,

I just tried the latest firmware (v0.4 19.01.2022 17:05 according to the git log), but I have never managed to get the buttons to work on the Squeezelite build.
I wrote MUSE colleagues about it, since I thought it would be a hardware problem. Oliver proposed loading the initial firmware without LMS, and here each button react and say blip loud and well.

Now the question to this latest firmware 0.4, I have understood there is no configuration needed to make the buttons react. Of course it would be nice to control volume and pause when needed.

this is the config I see now:
actrls_config:
boutons
boutons:
[{“gpio”:32, “type”:“BUTTON_LOW”, “pull”:true, “debounce”:10, “normal”:{“pressed”:“ACTRLS_VOLDOWN”}},{“gpio”:19, “type”:“BUTTON_LOW”, “pull”:true, “debounce”:40, “normal”:{“pressed”:“ACTRLS_VOLUP”}},{“gpio”:12, “type”:“BUTTON_LOW”, “pull”:true, “debounce”:40, “long_press”:1000, “normal”:{“pressed”:“ACTRLS_TOGGLE”},“longpress”:{“pressed”:“ACTRLS_POWER”}}]

I will now try with the cool chill config and see if I get the buttons to react…

but, no chance… no reaction at all???

Any other ideas for me to try?

/Richard