MUSE LUXE speaker with Squeezlite (Logitech Media server)

please send it back thru Amazon, if you have passed your return date PM me and send me your order number please.

I am having the same issue. Where is the reset button?

Hi

-turn off your Luxe.
-insert a paper clip in the jack port on th back until you feel a button click, maintain it pressed.
-Turn on your luxe
-you can release the button and you should be in downloads mode, try to flash again.

If this does not work try to press the button while trying to update when the wheel is turning on th web interface.

Fantastic. I had also left it on over night as to drain the battery. Between that and your instructions I was able to re-flash the firmware. Thanks!

Hi there, Iā€™m having similar issues with my Muse Luxe. Managed to flash it a few times with different pre-loaded projects but now itā€™s dead. Heading over to apps.raspiaudio.com, connecting and viewing the logs returns nothing, even while toggling the device on and off. Performing a software ā€œresetā€ does nothing.

Where exactly is the hard reset pinhole? I have a 3.5mm AUX port so Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s not it. I have a pinhole beside the USB-C port but that appears to be just an LED for cable connection feedback. There are two pinholes on the top of the speaker but Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™re Mic and RGB LED

Please help! Thank you.

Hidden inside the back of the aux socket

Thanks, found it and tried numerous resets. All I can manage to get out of the logs is a single line:
Terminal disconnected: BreakError: Break received

Hello
Usually this is just a software crash preventing the auto reset.

Try to maintaining the hidden jack button while wheel is spinning on apps.raspiaudio.com
Let me know, otherwise send me a private message here with your order number.

thx

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.

Iā€™ve tried holding down the hidden reset pin while the blue circle connects to the device but this hasnā€™t worked either. Iā€™ve also tried holding down the reset button while clicking ā€œreset deviceā€ from within the console window but that doesnā€™t work. Iā€™ll PM you with my details.