MUSE PROTO board

Hi Raspiaudio
to who are you explaining this? i do hope not to me. Because you use the ymal code that i have shown earlier in that other topic,

this was for @the101ofmusic, sorry if it was useless

Intresting.
Have you read the personal message Iā€™ve send you?
Salut

Replied you on WhatsApp

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I just went a bit crazy and started buying the board, speakers and only now stopped to actually investigate about them :smiley: (the purchase before investigating is to stop me from getting discouraged).

So I bought a couple of Muse Protoā€™s and 30W speakersā€¦ Now a few questions:

1 - Will it work with the 30W speaker or thereā€™s a limit on the capacity?
2 - Batteries been a bit hard to findā€¦ will it work just connected to the USB directly?

Thank you for this amazing board :slight_smile: I hope I can make it work in a multiroom configuration.

I might develop a few 3D cases for it and share around here :slight_smile:

Hi Ghost and welcome!

1- Yes it will work with your 30w speaker but not at full power, you will have about 3w output
2-Sure just plug the USB port

Let me know if you have any question

Thx

1 Like

So essentially if Iā€™d like to make the speaker use the full 30W Iā€™d have to use an amplifier?

I think Iā€™ll need a crash course on Audio and components hahaha :smiley: but I like a good challenge :slight_smile:

Going to investigate this through! Thanks :wink:

To use use your speaker at full potential of 30W you will need and audio amp, most of amp will use a line level stereo input. The Proto does not have a line output, but the Mn Cast has one

audio amplifiers

1 Like

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction! :slight_smile:

Hi @Raspiaudio,

Iā€™m kind of on the same track as @raspiFan here. Iā€™d like to add a PN532 NFC/RFID module to the proto board, to have an all-in-one solution to for children to scan RFID cards and have Home Assistant play media via the Proto. Setting up the Proto and the RFID board with ESPHome should be doable, I was just wondering if I can use the default I2C pins IO21/IO22 to connect the PN532 or whether this would interfere with any of the boards functions.

Also I was wondering which additional pins are free and ā€œgood to useā€ for additional simple physical buttons to use as binary sensors with ESPHome.

Thanks a lot!

Hi and welcome!
The 2 pins you are mentionning are used already.
On the top schematic of this thread I can see that this is free to use :
GPIO 4 12 19 18

Use 2 of those for I2C, 2 for any button.

Feel free to share you project pictures!

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your pin configuration please?
Iā€™m building something similar and am struggling with the SPI pinout.

Much appreciated!

I have not tried to connect a SPI screen, but the pin with nothing marked are free :

So GPIO :

Let us know what worked for you or if you canā€™t make it

1 Like

Is there a way to set the gain in the Squeezelite firmware?

Hi Intrinseca and welcome

According to the Squeezelite documentation

• ā€œpullā€: (false) activate internal pull up/down

I have not tried but you probably can define a dummy button in the NVS config set to pull:false on GPIO23
I could try but only next week. If you did it could you export and share your NVS config for the Proto?

thanks

1 Like

Yes, I think that worked.

For future reference:

1. Go to ā€œcreditsā€ and enable the NVS editor
  2. Create a config called high_gain with the text
    [{"gpio":23,"type":"BUTTON_HIGH","pull":true,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_TOGGLE"}}]
    The normal might be optional, I didnā€™t try without.
  3. Set actrls_config to high_gain.
  4. Commit and reboot.

The name isnā€™t important but has to match in steps 2 and 3. After doing this, connecting a 100k resistor between GND and GPIO23 no longer increased the volume, so Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m on the highest setting now.

Iā€™m using my proto with one of these USB speakers I had lying around. Sadly the proto doesnā€™t quite fit inside, but the drivers (Iā€™m only using one of them) are the perfect 4Ī©/3W spec.

try ā€œpullā€:false instead
as the 15db needs a pull down

let me know if you notice a louder sound

Iā€™m pretty sure the logic of

ā€œtypeā€: (BUTTON_LOW) logic level when the button is pressed
ā€œpullā€: (false) activate internal pull up/down

(from https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32#buttons)

is to use the type to say whether a press is high (pull down) or low (pull up) and then you set pull to true to enable the appropriate pull-up.

I would probably need to dive into the squeezelite code to be completely sure, but by experiment I think I have it rightā€¦ Will double check tomorrow.

Here is the relevant code: set pull to true and mode to BUTTON_HIGH to run gpio_set_pull_mode(gpio, GPIO_PULLDOWN_ONLY).

thanks for taking the time to check that, could you from the web interface export you NVS settings and share it? thanks