ULTRA++ installation guide

Above results are from rasperrypi OS 32bit + method 2 install on a fresh install on sd card.
On the GUI when doing a right click on the speaker can you select the device like this ?

no, they don’t - you might have missed it in my post:

The audio output options in the desktop do not have the hat as shown in your screenshot

Just before doing the test, can you confirm that you ULTRA has a blue push button ? (sorry to ask but some other user made the confusion with the MIC model in the past)

yes it does, and the box says ultra (which is what I ordered).

Bump?
I’ve dumped a fair bit of troubleshooting into this without luck. Does the silence mean you’ve also run into trouble?
If so I might need to return them, as I’m looking for something to implement somewhat soon
Cheers

Sorry for the delay, the test is scheduled for tomorrow, I will post result here

Hello I have tested it and found an issue, sorry for that. It will take a few days to fix but meanwhile you can use this installation files from Waveshare, it’s 100% compatible, I had to start from a fresh SD card with Pi OS 32 bits with desktop.

Updated the installation procedure for method 2 with a simple fork of the waveshare method

Hi!
My rpi based project needs a soundcard with external mic in and a headphone out, WaveShare driver works fine with your ULTRA++ card except the ext. mic in has big base noise on it. I tried all of the methods founded in topics (diffetent os-es, arch, install methode, microphones etc.) without any luck. Can you suggest me a way to make it work as expected?
Please send me precise information of any kind of a working configuration! (os release eg.: 2023-02-21-raspios-bullseye-armhf(.img.xz) and configuration files (like alsa.conf wm8960-soundcard.state and corresponding information (eg: add/remove lines in rpi config.txt or cmdline.txt or elsewhere)
THX! (with a HOPE)

P.

I have tried to do both methods on my Raspberry Pi 3b. They all get errors.
From systemctl status:

● wm8960-soundcard.service - WM8960 soundcard service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/wm8960-soundcard.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2023-03-01 21:01:32 CST; 14s ago
Process: 3303 ExecStart=/usr/bin/wm8960-soundcard (code=exited, status=99)
Main PID: 3303 (code=exited, status=99)
CPU: 1.075s

Mar 01 21:01:30 raspberrypi su[3345]: (to mike) root on none
Mar 01 21:01:30 raspberrypi su[3345]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user mike(uid=1000) by (uid=0)
Mar 01 21:01:31 raspberrypi su[3345]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user mike
Mar 01 21:01:31 raspberrypi su[3356]: (to mike) root on none
Mar 01 21:01:31 raspberrypi su[3356]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user mike(uid=1000) by (uid=0)
Mar 01 21:01:31 raspberrypi su[3356]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user mike
Mar 01 21:01:32 raspberrypi systemd[1]: wm8960-soundcard.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=99/n/a
Mar 01 21:01:32 raspberrypi systemd[1]: wm8960-soundcard.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Mar 01 21:01:32 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Failed to start WM8960 soundcard service.
Mar 01 21:01:32 raspberrypi systemd[1]: wm8960-soundcard.service: Consumed 1.075s CPU time.

Journal:
mike@raspberrypi:~/WM8960-Audio-HAT $ journalctl -xe
Mar 01 21:02:45 raspberrypi systemd[1]: session-c8.scope: Succeeded.
░░ Subject: Unit succeeded
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: Debian -- User Support
░░
░░ The unit session-c8.scope has successfully entered the ‘dead’ state.
Mar 01 21:02:46 raspberrypi systemd[1]: wm8960-soundcard.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=99/n/a
░░ Subject: Unit process exited
░░
░░ An ExecStart= process belonging to unit wm8960-soundcard.service has exited.
░░
░░ The process’ exit code is ‘exited’ and its exit status is 99.
Mar 01 21:02:46 raspberrypi systemd[1]: wm8960-soundcard.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
░░ Subject: Unit failed
░░
░░ The unit wm8960-soundcard.service has entered the ‘failed’ state with result ‘exit-code’.
Mar 01 21:02:46 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Failed to start WM8960 soundcard service.
░░ Subject: A start job for unit wm8960-soundcard.service has failed
░░
░░ A start job for unit wm8960-soundcard.service has finished with a failure.
░░
░░ The job identifier is 1551 and the job result is failed.
Mar 01 21:02:46 raspberrypi systemd[1]: wm8960-soundcard.service: Consumed 1.002s CPU time.
░░ Subject: Resources consumed by unit runtime
░░
░░ The unit wm8960-soundcard.service completed and consumed the indicated resources.

Was this ever resolved? I need to disable input monitoring of the line input.
I need the line in signal coming into my program but I need to disable it from coming out of the headphones

Hi,

Could you tell me what exact of PI OS you have used ? thanks

it’s this verision of raspios bullseye

Is there an updated installation guide? I am running into the following error with the method 2 installation.

Hi and welcome, what is your OS exact version please?

I was on the latest version with bullseye. I see now that it may not work with that version of raspiOS. Just to confirm is there no way of getting the device to work on Bullseye at this moment in time?

My last trial on the 04/04/23 : note that due to an update of PI OS only the 64bits version on the PI OS is working, but not working with the 32 bits.

I can confirm now that my OS was “2023-02-21-raspios-bullseye-arm64-lite” in my previous picture.
I brought several hats and I’d like to know how to get it get full control working primarily on Buster and Bullseye.
This is when I use GitHub - RASPIAUDIO/WM8960-Audio-HAT: The drivers of [WM8960 Audio HAT] for Raspberry Pi from the installation thread on a fresh install of the latest version of Buster 32 bit. So I’m not really getting luck anywhere.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provided for this to be assisted with asap. Thank you.

could you please try on the PI OS 64bits full version (not the light one), with the waveshare script ?