MIC+ installation guide

So this could come from:
Software conflict, if you have something else installed that uses GPIO, my recommendation is to try a fresh copy of Raspbian with nothing else installed, this is probably this as the pulseaudio to my knowledge will not come by default.
Hardware conflict, you have another shield that uses the same GPIOs, unlikely seeing your video
Hardware damage of the MIC+, in that case you can ask a replacement thru Amazon.

I also once add a client that had a damadged gpio on his Raspberry, but this is unusual.

Return date has expired,
I there a way to get it back ?

check your private messages

Hi, great guide!
I was wondering which 5 pin cable did you use for the microphone.
Could please tell me an exact model or even better, send me a link to buy them?
Thanks.

Hello,

This cable is quite common if you search on amazon ā€œ5 pin cable 1.25mmā€ for example this one, assuming that you are located in the USA:

https://www.amazon.com/Connectors-Sides-200mm-Length-Wires/dp/B01IZB72EW/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=5+pin+cable+1.25MM&qid=1570877787&sr=8-14

I have the same problem. How did you fix it?

You mean that you have the sound glitched in the video posted by [Imperiator] ? If yes be sure to try a fresh SD card with the latest raspbian, check you header connection. If still have the issue ask for a replacement thru Amazon.

I am using the Raspberry 64 bit OS. Do I need to compile it from source instead of doing the download?

Hi have you try to just run the install script? any errors?

I have a mic+ working on an RP4; love it.

Iā€™m trying to use a mic+ on an Asus Tinker Board 2, which is more-or-less a Raspberry PI 4 clone. It has a RP standard 40-pin I/O connector. The OS is Debian 10.

I would really like to get the mic+ working on this platform and/or other similar RK3399 Rockchip-based clones. Can you help?

Thanks,

Matt Dralle

Hi Matt and Welcome,

It seems that it is possible according to competiton :slightly_smiling_face:

If you select HIFIBERRY DAC+ this should also work with our RASPIAUDIO MIC+ as we are using the same drivers.

Olivier

Hi! Just bought a mic+ recently and I want to detach the mic from the shield like I see in the pictures in the guide.
Forgive the noob question, but is there a name for the 5 pin mini connector cable? Having a little trouble finding the right cableā€¦
Thanks!

Hi epphone and welcome

Please check this topic : Max Microphone cable length [resolved]

thanks

1 Like

Hi!

I just received my MIC+ V2s (thank you so much!) and I am very happy with the improvements! However, Iā€™ve got two questions, to which I couldnā€™t find answers yet:

1. The speaker terminals switched sides but there are no labels on the PCB. If I place the old and the new boards upside down next to each other as shown in the photo, do the speaker terminals coincide?

2. In order to disable the onboard speakers, do I have to physically cut the trace between the two solder joints in the rectangles marked as JP3 and JP4?

Thank you!

Hi thanks for letting me know will update the guide!
1- Correct
2-Correct

Thanks for the quick help!

Good morning,
I tried this script but is not working, so I edited the original bash script and tested on Raspberry v3 and V4 with new Raspberry Pi OS on arm64, you can find my work on github odedonato/raspiaudio-mic: Installation script for RASPIAUDIO Mic+ V1 and V2 with support of new Raspberry Pi OS and arm64 arch (github.com).

If there is an official repo for the script Iā€™ll do a PR with my edits.

Hi Omar and thanks!
We will try it and add it to our official address.

The installation and test scripts have been updated to support 64bits OS and new RPI user policy as the default user ā€˜piā€™ is not creatd by default.

Hallo!

Iā€™m currently using the raspiaudio mic+ with a raspberry pi 2 w and Iā€™m encountering some problems.

the installation goes well (no errors at all) and the audio test goes also well: I hear sound coming out and I hear the recording. But still alsamixer shows ā€œthis device does not have any controlsā€ for the snd_rpi_googlevoicehat_soundcar.

In particular the microphone recording level seems a bit low and would like to adjust it. is there a way?

Iā€™m on "Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye), headless, just cli

Thank you for your help!

Thank you for your help.